Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Drekodinn Update

All those Drekodinn pages I drew earlier -- SCRAPPED!! I was boring myself, and I was trying too hard to make it mechanical and I was drawing what I thought people liked and not what I enjoyed creating, blah blah blah (I'll spare you the long, boring story about trying to find myself as an artist). Bottom line is -- I redid every page and I finished 'em up last night, and, man, does it feel good. I stuck to the sketchy style I enjoy and hand-colored every page with greyscale markers, and here's a look at some of the panels, so you can see what I'm talking about:







I'm sure a lot of you would've preferred my cleaner Photoshopped stuff over this, but when you're doing a comic for FUN (ie. not getting paid for it; i.e. working on it in the wee hours of the night after coming home from a day job and catching up on commissions), having FUN doing it is more important than pleasing the masses. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

So... Here's where we're at:
My pages are done, Matt and Genevieve are almost done with their pages (well, I know for sure Matt's are almost done), and the final cover is on its way. Starting probably tomorrow I'll be assembling the pages, lettering, etc. So, yeah.. We're getting closer. It's almost here. I can almost taste it!!!! O.O

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous rimwalker said...

Dude, having FUN is the most important part!

I personally am not overly fond of the overly-photoshopped stuff. Give me sketches where you can see pencil smudges any day. I feel like more of the sould of the artist leaks out in the doodles they do for FUN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home