Monday, November 21, 2005

Yoda vs. Sidious: Steps

Sorry for the lack of updates around here. I've been workin' on a big sexy secret project and it's gonna keep me busy until the end of the year. I'll be able to tell you what it is later this week.

So here's a fun little thing to kill ten seconds -- a visual step-by-step on how I colored my Yoda vs. Sidious picture! And you've probably seen my half-assed Photoshop coloring tutorial, right? Yeah. Well, if not, maybe you wanna check it out. Blarr. Okay, back to the drawing table.



4 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you can almost feel the lightning...
It almost jumps off the page..
THX<
CE

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Willem said...

That tutorial wasn't half-assed! I liked it! :D
So how did you get the lichtning effect? *PS rookie*

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Well, I'm glad you guys liked it :)

**how did you get the lightning effect?**

For the lighting effect I basically started a new layer, drew in the lines, then chose one of the "blur" filters. After blurring it, you can mess around with the layer opacity, and sometimes use the smudge tool, erase stuff you don't want. Pretty much just play with those elements until you reach something that you like. But the main things are "blur" and opacity.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger FZ said...

Grant: funtastic as always!

Love your Yodas.

-B_P- ;>)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home