Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Midwest Card Show Report

I returned from the Midwest Trading Card Show yesterday -- It was a really small show, but still fun -- I enjoyed hanging out with my artist pal Cynthia Cummens, and seeing Keith & Chris again, and it was really cool to meet some of you other guys that have been following my blog. I'm glad you came out to see me and buy some stuff :)

Here's a shot of the room -- Cynthia and I were sort of in the middle there, with dealers all around us, selling their nonsport card goodness:


Me:


Cynthia:


At least we had one stormtrooper show up:


Cynthia and I did a card trade -- Here's the Shaak Ti I did for her:


And here's the awesome Starbuck card she did for me:


From left to right: Keith (of starwarssketchcards.com fame), Cynthia, and Chris (aka Marleyeds, of lotrsketchcards.com fame):


I colored a clonetrooper "Sith" card for Chris:


And here's Chris hanging out behind our tables -- It was pretty slow on Sunday, so we just chatted about cards and other nerdly stuff:


And finally -- here's an IG-88 card I did for Checkmark :) It was cool meetin' you, man!


Ah yes, I almost forgot -- I also did a Sawyer card for "Hippiejewel" -- My first official LOST card ever! :)
She was nice enough to send me a scan: so check it out

And I guess that's all I got for ya. I'll spare you the painful details of my eleven-hour drive home in the blizzard that was blanketing the midwest. Aaargh, that was not fun. heh :)

4 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Woah! Thanks for linking me, and it was awesome meeting you too. Thanks a lot man. It Means a whole ton.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Michael said...

That Sawyer card might be one of my favorite things you have drawn so far. I smell a LOST collage commission!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Izebhel said...

your table looks all professional like. :) oh, and the sketchbook showed up and it looks AWESOME.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Laura McD said...

Seemed like a good time, except for maybe the blizzard part. Hopefully you can come to a closer expo near me so i can come visit you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home