Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sanity Update

Just wanted to give a quick update. I know there are a lot of you reading this that are waiting on commissions or sketch cards. I'm sorry it's taking a little longer than normal - I'm getting to 'em as soon as I can. In the past few weeks (thanks to the success of the LOTR cards) I've been getting quite a few commissions and sketch card orders, and the emails keep comin' (not that I'm complaining, but, man, this stuff piles up!). So be patient with me :)

In case you're wondering what the status is on my other personal projects, like "Drekodinn," well.. I don't have any time to even think about that stuff lately. Aside from my day job and about six hours of sleep per night, my life is pretty much commissions and cards right now. But I'm really gonna try to make some time for personal art stuff (I really reeaaally wanna get something done in time for SDCC) and of course I need to find more time for the girlfriend and social life and those other basic human needs.. heh

Anyway, that's what going on with me. My next show will be the Minnesota MicroCon, which is a smaller, one day show on April 30th. It'll be fun, and I'll be selling prints and whatever else. Not sure how many sketch cards I'll be able to do (if any), but I'll try to bring some predrawn stuff. You can always email me beforehand if you want an original drawing or card or somethin'.

Talk to you soon -

5 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Heh, it seems to be the life of an artist to be worked to death. My friends drawing hand is messed up right now, cuz he drew so much he bruised a nerve. Sorry about the working, hope you get some time to relax soon.

That drawing at the bottom is aweomse too.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Laura McD said...

No worries, it'll all blow over soon! But for now, good luck with everything! And that drawing is really neat, what type of paper (or other medium) is it on?

Also, a friend of mine is making a mini film for a contest, and he asked me to do the storyboard. And you have been my hero so far, because i normally don't draw people, but i notice how you interpret things in your drawings, which really helps me understand how to draw people and characters better. So thanks for being so awesome and inspirational, Grant.

=)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Thanks, you guys! :D

**And that drawing is really neat, what type of paper (or other medium) is it on?**

It's just a doodle that I overlapped onto a wood pattern in Photoshop. Nothin' special.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Anais said...

Hello GrantGould !
I like what you draw ! I discovered your blog not long ago by looking on Google for an image of Grievous.
I appear: my name is Anaïs, I am 17 years old, I am French and as you I draw a lot ! I like Star Wars, The Lord of Rings, X-men...
I give you the address of my blog so that you can see my drawings. http://anais2689.blogspot.com
Say I of what you think of it :)
Goodbye !
Anaïs of France :)
I speak very badly English, I used a translator…

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Anais, I'm glad you like my art! :) And thanks for the link to your blog -- I like your stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home