Monday, May 01, 2006

MicroCon & The Black Plague

The Minnesota MicroCon was a lot of fun -- It was great to see everyone again (Darla, Kristin, Paul, Tanya, Michael, Alex, and anyone I'm probably forgetting -- forgive me, my brain is numb right now). Met lots of nice people, did some quick sketches. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and picked up a sketch book or prints. Good times.



What isn't good times is that almost immediately after the show, my body started to break down.. I'd been experiencing cold sweats and chills the day before the show, but then they seemed to go away. Must have been me going into a state of illness denial so that I could do the show.

Anyway, now it's back with a vengeance and I've got a really nasty cold.. or at least I think it's a cold. I can't talk because my throat's too sore, can hardly walk up the stairs without looking like a 90-year-old. It's pretty stupid. So big apologies to anyone who's waiting to hear back from me -- it may take me a few days to get back into the swing of things.

Back to bed for me. @.@

8 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there.. Peppermint Snaups and some Pencillin..
Cures everything!
LMK..about the ESB print..
CE

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Bummer man, sorry about that. I'll pray for you.

Cool that the Con was good though.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Laura McD said...

great job with the con, feel better!

rest up and drink lots of fluids!

=)

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

thanks for the well wishes, folks :) hopefully i'll kick the bug and be drawin' again in no time.

and i have prints to offer up, too, but i'll have to post something on that later... too dead right now..

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous michael said...

Grant, I hope you are feeling better soon. Em and I are looking forward to being up there in June.

Get well.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude,
did you die?
CE

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

nope, still kicking this damn cold. coughing, sneezing, the works.

i should be up and moving again soon. :) i pretty much *have* to get drawing this weekend, i'm so behind.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good..
Don't forget free comic day!
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

CE
ESB Print? Si or No?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home