Sunday, July 30, 2006

Starbuck Steps

Here are a couple photos I took while drawing that Starbuck pic I posted earlier today. First is the sketch, obviously. I redrew Starbuck's face (particularly her mouth) a million times, because I couldn't find an expression I liked.. It was worth all the screwin' around though, because I like the final look she's got. Also, you can see that I ran out of paper toward the bottom (by her waist) so I taped on another sheet and drew the rest of her leg area. On Iain McCaig's DVDs he encourages you to tape on however many sheets of paper you need, and don't let the borders of the page constrict you, and I took his advice, and he was right.



Then I inked it with brush pen. Same thing with the "Galactica Top Gun" skull.



Then I scan it into Photoshop and color it. And whaa laa! Wasn't that interesting?! :P

3 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love looking at process work, it teaches me a few things some times. If only I had Photoshop. My mother says that I will have to wait until Christmas but that's six months too far away, god dammit. Oh well, using traditional methods makes to appreciate details more & I suppose the more effort the more impressive.
Courtney: pyro-the-maniac.deviantART.com

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger J. J. said...

Always trust Iain--He is a God!
Peace,
J. J.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

I love sketches, and yours are just the coolest. Really fun to look at, and your signature incorperated onto her belt is really a cool idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home