Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wizard World Chicago

I'm back from Wizard World Chicago. Still in that post-show funk, trying to catch up on sleep and emails and get back into work mode. Here's a few photos for ya.



I think probably the two characters I got the most requests for were Gollum and Darth Maul.. Here's one of the Maul sketches I did:


A Batman drawing I did for one of the Wizard staff members:


Darla Ecklund and Stuart Immonen (Awesome to meet ya finally, Stuart!)


My pal Anton Peck (who should have his own freakin' artists alley table) and me:


Here's Tony Moore with the Starbuck drawing he did for me. I also got Starbucks from Jason Howard and Greg Titus -- both hugely talented, awesome guys. I'll scan 'em in sometime and show ya.


Boba Fett sketch:


Jugger Grimrod (from the comic series "Alien Legion") drawing I did for Matt Reed:


My version of Jugger, and Tom Hodges' version:


This was drawn on a sticker faceplate decal thingee for an Xbox 360 (kinda hard to see where the sticker lines are in the photo) -- He wanted a cartoony Battlestar pic with Starbuck facing off with Six. I thought it was pretty fun to do :)


I met Ray Park! :) He was a very nice dude, and I gave him one of my Maul prints, because I'm a nerd.


A sketch card I did for my blog pal Checkmark -- it's one of Grievous' bodyguard guys. I didn't have reference with me, so I kinda had to wing it.


Went out to breakfast sunday morning with Tom, Darla, and the Immonen Clan:


Another Maul sketch:

I was doin' $10 quick sketches, and that seemed to work out well, so I may try that again at the next show..

Anyway, over all, Chicago treated me well. I've heard a lot of other artists complaining that it was slow, but it wasn't for me at all. I had a great time, sold a lot of stuff, and can't complain at all. Best Wizard World I've done so far for sure.

I had some great roomies for the show, too -- Tom Hodges, Andrew Bawidamann, and Andrew's pal Woody, who's also a super-talented artist and kept getting confused for Sean Astin at the show.

Oh, and I wanted to mention that Tom and I will be mentioned over at yodasnews.com later this week.. Not sure exactly what that means, if it'll show photos of us or an article or what, but I'll be keeping my eye open for it.

Ummm.. I think that's it. I apologize if I left someone or something important out. My brain is fried.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped out! It was great seeing you guys, and the show was a big success, which is good for me, because frankly I was in slightly low spirits after selling hardly anything at Comic-Con.. heh :)

Peace ooooooot

10 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Chris Arrant said...

Lookin' good! I got burnt out from just one con, and you high faluting con professionals got me feeling bad.

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anton said...

Aww yeah dude, it was great seeing everyone again. I already can't wait until next year!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Hey you took a picture of that one too, awesome! Thanks again for all the cool stuff man. That was a good con.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GDG,
Nice sketches.. I love the Mauls and the Fett.
Your fandom requests a closer shot of the Starbuck..lol
You roomed with Tom.. very cool..
Take care..
CE

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous jkp said...

dude, youre my flippin hero!
good shot of you & anton too.
that fool is ripped with talent sauce.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yays for Batman! I love him, you did an excellent job in that pic. You are really good at Darth Maul too.
Courtney

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ripsey said...

Grant,

Awesome stuff, but I have to say... Jugger Grimrod brings a tear to my eye! How I pine for the days of Alien Legion *sniff*!

Well Done.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks again for everything (cards/cave troll/jugger/lotr print). i'm glad to hear that wwchicago was good to you.

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...And Boba is hot! It seems you have made him armour tighter.
Courtney

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Art Grafunkel said...

You had breakfast with all those people... AND Mister Immonen?

o_O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home