Thursday, September 28, 2006

More LOTR:M Cards

As of today, I am officially done with my Lord of the Rings: Masterpieces cards!! All 1,106 have been sent to Topps. Whooo :)

Here's another sneak peek for ya:







I definitely had fun working on this set. I really had a chance to throw my styles all over the place -- there's some really quick sketches, some super-cartoony stuff, some polished ones that I spent a long time on. It'll be fun to watch ebay when the set comes out. After doing so many cards, by that time I'll probably forget what half of my cards looked like. heh

And, yes, I'm getting six of my cards back from Topps -- and I'll be selling 'em on ebay. I'll announce it here in my blog when that happens (expect mid or late October, when the cards arrive in stores).

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Awesome new cards man! I really liked the Gollum and Sauron. Really nice and loose designs.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! 1,106 cards? I don't even draw that many pictures in a year. Maybe 100 at the most.
But like you said, you did some really quickly and others with alot of detail.
And you are also being paid...Right? Oh noes, Grant are they keeping you as an artist slave? I'll rescue you!

I like Gollum, Sauron and the Gandalf one could be really cool if you did it as a full picture with more detail. I also like the Easterling card. I love the Easterlings because they are one of the few things that Tolkien never really gave that much information about. In LOTR he made them seem pretty one dimensional, just mindless bad guys working for Sauron. But when I saw them in the movie it seemed like there was so much more to them, they look like they have a really interesting culture. I mean, come on, they ride on freaking Mumakil!
So I did as much research as I could then I wrote a fanfic about them not having any ther choice but to join him and showed them as real people, not just minions of Sauron's army.

Courtney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home