Saturday, October 21, 2006

BSG: Colonel Tigh

Okay.. time for a little BSG love.

Those of you who've been watching season three of Battlestar Galactica know that Michael Hogan is probably the person on television who most deserves an Emmy. His performance as Colonel Tigh has been amazing and heart-wrenching, and I had to honor the character (and show) in my own dorky way by drawing some fan art.



If you're interested in getting a glossy print of this, you can -- just check out my prints page.

I'm also selling the original pencil & ink drawing. Here's a link to the eBay auction. Good hunting.. err.. bidding :)

And, Michael Hogan, if by some crazy miracle you're reading this -- Thanks for your outstanding performance on the show. You've transformed a character that was easy to hate into a man that's hard not to love.

11 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Zoetica said...

This looks great! the face detail, the eye - good work.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd Frak a Cylon for Tigh..
3 or 6
CE

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Anad said...

goddamn grant! your work just keeps getting better and better!

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I think this is by far your greatest piece Grant, in terms of realism. Makes we want to see you do comic art.
Courtney

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Checkmark said...

That really is look'n awesome, you really gave him a good look. I like his eye patch a lot, nice shading on it.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

thanks, everyone! :)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

This is mystickeeper, from LiveJournal, :D I just thought I'd say that this is definitely my favorite piece by you thus far, and I agree - I used to hate Colonel Tigh, but now I love the guy.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Josh H said...

That's so rad, dude.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING dorky about that piece. Tigh seems real thanks to Hogan's performance. Yet, your work makes him seem real, also. Thanks!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Imran said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Imran Ali said...

I always liked the bearded old sailor look for Tigh...great job on the likeness!

Here's my own tribute...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home