Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The LOST Project!

Last month I had the honor of working on a project for LOST writer & executive producer Damon Lindelof (he and JJ Abrams had gotten copies of my LOST cast print back in September). So he contacted me and wanted a group picture of the show's Season Three writing team & producers as a secret holiday gift for the crew. I said, "Right on," and here's the end result:



1) On the far left, holding Eko's stick and sporting Desmond's key is JJ Abrams.
2) Right next him, wearing Sawyer's mismatched glasses, is Jack Bender.
3) In the red DriveShaft t-shirt is Jean Higgens.
4) Next to her in the white shirt is Jeff Pinkner.
5) In front of him, in the Empire shirt and holding "Carrie," is Damon Lindelof.
6) Next to Damon, sporting a Dharma logo shirt, is Carlton Cuse.
7) The woman in the blue next to Carlton is Christina Kim.
8) Drew Goddard is in back giving us the orange peel Locke smile.
9) Next to Drew, wearing an Apollo candybar shirt, is Stephen Williams.
10) Chattin' on his cell phone, we have Bryan Burk.
11) Next to him, holding a couple familiar comic books, is show newcomer Brian K. Vaughan.
12) In the front row, on the left we have Adam Horowitz, sporting a fish biscuit polo.
13) Next to him with the doomsday countdown clock symbols is Eddy Kitsis.
14) And last but not least, Liz Sarnoff, who's got a toy plane and a familiar lookin' foot...


Since I'd never seen any of these people in person, there were a lot of changes and edits along the way to try and make them all look a little more like themselves. I drew each person separately, then scanned 'em in and assembled & colored the whole thing in Photoshop. I had a few more hidden little nuggets in there too - LOST easter eggs - but we ended up shuffling around some stuff like the polar bear, etc., so a few of my (brilliant and clever) ideas had to go. Ah well, as long as they dug the end result (which I hear they did), I'm happy. :)

If anyone reading this is interested in commissioning me for work -- whether it's something larger like this LOST pic, or just a single character drawing -- you can find info by going to GrantGould.com and clicking on "commissions," or you can always drop me an email too - grantgould at hotmail.com.


14 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Jeff Chandler said...

How can I NOT comment on this piece?!! You have outdone yourself Mr. Gould - very nice work! (I'd love to see the initial layout with all the deleted easter eggs)

Here's hoping the writing team of "Galactica" and "Heroes" are secretly watching this site for future commissions.

Rock on Brother!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Michael said...

Congratulations!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! I love all the nuggets and the "personal stuff" like e.g. Bryan Burk on the cell phone... *ROFL* Did Damon Lindelof ask you to add it?

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Grant. I'm glad someone else from the show has gotten to see your LOST work besides me.......LOL Bryan on the phone is too damn funny.

Jewel

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Thanks, guys :)

Yeah, they suggested the Burk/cell phone thing. I never would have known. LOL

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

holy crap, that's awesome! That's really a cool thing to get to do man, you'll go down in a piece of LOST history now!

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope my boss commissioned a work like that when we finish our next construction site... but sure it will never happen.

Anyway, congratulations

Felipe
Madrid

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was linked here by a friend's blog -I LOVE this picture! :)

Great job!

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous James said...

That's wicked cool !!

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bryan on the phone is toooo perfect for words. This is an awesome piece, great little easter egg type things in it.

Garf

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Majandra said...

Oh WOW!!! That looks awesome!!

Beautiful!!!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Thanks for the nice words, everyone :) I'm glad you like the pic!

And in case anyone's wondering what that deleted comment was up there, someone had accidentally posted their comment twice so I just erased one.. No one was causing trouble or anything. :P

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesomesauce. Lucky you, getting a request from the creators is just amazing!
Courtney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home