Thursday, March 29, 2007

DC and Star Wars 30th

I'm being told I can officially announce both card sets I'm working on right now (and will be working on until sometime in May). Both companies seem to be a little behind in their website updates, I don't see any set info up yet.. but I'm sure that'll change soon. As far as I know, both sets have a summer release. And both sets are gonna RUUUUULE.



DC Universe: Legacy
I'm doing 300 full-color cards, featuring all the DC heroes and villains.. I'm excited about this because I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to DC, so now I'm learning who the characters are, what they look like, etc.. Definitely a cool gig. And did I mention - ? ALL COLOR :)

Star Wars 30th Anniversary
I'm doing 500 cards, all A New Hope themed -- some will be pencil sketches, some inked, and some color. And the artist list on this set is amazing.. If you're a comic book fan, your jaw will drop when you see some of the names.. It's gonna be the Darth Vader of all card sets.

More info soon...

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey grant, i do not know if you can answer this (goerge lucas has eyes and ears everywhere) but you say the 500 you will doing are new hope theme, are they all? or just yours? does rotj get no love? anyway can not wait to see them.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Fabrizio said...

I have only ONE word:

W O W ! ! !


Fab

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

My understanding is that all of the sketch cards - mine and everybody else's - will only feature characters from "A New Hope."

Personally I wish we could draw characters from the whole trilogy, but it being the 30th anniversary of the first film, I can certainly understand why they're doing it this way. :)

Regardless, it's gonna be an amazing set. Look at it this way - you won't have to see any Ewok sketches. ;P (Though, truth be told, I don't hate the Ewoks as much as everyone else seems to.. heh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home