Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good news this is..

I just sorted through my Celebration IV receipts and crunched the numbers and am HAPPY to report that Celebration IV was my most successful show to date! Whooo

These cons are always tricky, because you go into them trying to be realistic and not expect much, but somewhere in the back of your mind you hope you'll make tons of money, and it's hard not to feel disappointed if/when that doesn't happen.. In any case, while I didn't make tons of money, I did turn a profit, which is great considering how much I spent on going to the show... Hotel, flight, printing, table cost, etc etc.. So I'm happy. And like I said, looking at the numbers, CIV was by far my most successful show. I feel loved.

HUGE thanks to each and every person who bought prints and original art from me -- Seriously, you're the best, and you helped make CIV an awesome experience for me. :)

I'll leave you here with two Yoda sketches I did at the show for people -- One OT era and one Prequel era:





I'll be back with more art and updates soon.. I'm still trying to recover from the show and get back into the swing of things..

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Cool Yodas. I like the way you subtly changed his color and expression to make him look younger or older.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous spudmanski said...

Congrats on a profitable show. Good to have met you and I like the Obi-Wan sketch more and more.

Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home