Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Maul vs. Asajj

I just finished this commission.. Mike B., thanks again for being patient! I'm glad ya like it :)

Click for bigger version:


The final pic is huge (a whoppin' 18"x24"), so I'll post some close-up shots of the faces below. Art was drawn with brush pen, assembled and colored in Photoshop. Definitely one of my favorite commissions I've ever done. If only I could do this sorta thing every day. :)





So who do you think would win: Maul or Asajj? .. Pretty close call if ya ask me..

8 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Anais said...

Beautiful !
My two favourite characters meet themselves face to face in your drawing:) how do you made for this "effect rain" with photoshop?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Checkmark said...

Wow, that is one seriously aggressive fight. Awesome job Grant, this is a really dynamic look'n piece.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Thanks, guys!

Anais, I create the rain effect in Photoshop by creating a new layer, drawing a LOT of thin lines, then multiplying that layer several times, rotating them, playing around with opacity and the blur filters.. There's a little more to it, but that's pretty much the basics. :)

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous TK JEDI said...

Awesome!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Halloweenville said...

it your birthday? happy birthday if it is!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Halloweenville said...

oh and this commission is AMAZING!!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Grant Gould said...

Thanks!
My birthday was on the 18th.. day after I posted this pic. :)

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Darth Zannah said...

I never thought that they would meet! I don't know who would win. I mean, I'd like Darth Maul to win... but I think that Ventress will.. what do YOU honestly think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home