Last month I had the honor of working on a project for LOST
writer & executive producer Damon Lindelof (he and JJ Abrams had gotten copies of my LOST cast print
back in September). So he contacted me and wanted a group picture of the show's Season Three writing team & producers as a secret holiday gift for the crew. I said, "Right on," and here's the end result:1) On the far left, holding Eko's stick and sporting Desmond's key is JJ Abrams.
2) Right next him, wearing Sawyer's mismatched glasses, is Jack Bender.
3) In the red DriveShaft t-shirt is Jean Higgens.
4) Next to her in the white shirt is Jeff Pinkner.
5) In front of him, in the Empire shirt and holding "Carrie," is Damon Lindelof.
6) Next to Damon, sporting a Dharma logo shirt, is Carlton Cuse.
7) The woman in the blue next to Carlton is Christina Kim.
8) Drew Goddard is in back giving us the orange peel Locke smile.
9) Next to Drew, wearing an Apollo candybar shirt, is Stephen Williams.
10) Chattin' on his cell phone, we have Bryan Burk.
11) Next to him, holding a couple familiar comic books, is show newcomer Brian K. Vaughan.
12) In the front row, on the left we have Adam Horowitz, sporting a fish biscuit polo.
13) Next to him with the doomsday countdown clock symbols is Eddy Kitsis.
14) And last but not least, Liz Sarnoff, who's got a toy plane and a familiar lookin' foot...
Since I'd never seen any of these people in person, there were a lot of changes and edits along the way to try and make them all look a little more like themselves. I drew each person separately, then scanned 'em in and assembled & colored the whole thing in Photoshop. I had a few more hidden little nuggets in there too - LOST easter eggs - but we ended up shuffling around some stuff like the polar bear, etc., so a few of my (brilliant and clever) ideas had to go. Ah well, as long as they dug the end result (which I hear they did), I'm happy. :)
If anyone reading this is interested in commissioning me for work -- whether it's something larger like this LOST pic, or just a single character drawing -- you can find info by going to GrantGould.com
and clicking on "commissions," or you can always drop me an email too - grantgould at hotmail.com.